Writer Submission Guidelines
Startbackpacking.com is no longer accepting contributions.
DO NOT contact me about posting SEO or “guest” articles.
Low-quality and SEO-stuffed articles containing body links will be ignored. Again, we do not accept articles that have the sole purpose of boosting SEO. Period.
- Please send articles in email body or in an attached PDF file. DO NOT send any document in Microsoft Office format.
- Try to keep articles between 700 – 1500 words.
- Please, please make sure your article is free of spelling and grammatical errors!
- Single spacing between sentences, please.
- Supporting photos for your story would be great, just send one or two if you have them. Minimum size for a photo is 500 pixels wide.
- Please send only unique articles, not duplicate copies that are published elsewhere.
- You retain the rights to your content and photos once published, but please do not ask us to remove it later.
- A FOLLOW link to your blog or homepage will be put at the bottom of the article in a bio block. Links within the body of the article will be marked as NOFOLLOW.
If you are published:
- If your article is chosen to be published, you will be asked to provide a small headshot image and brief bio about yourself. Anything goes!
- Promote away! We will do the same for you. Adding your article to StumbleUpon, Digg, Facebook, and others helps both of us!
Pitch your idea before sending completed copy!
This is a great opportunity to get your name out there, establish some backlinks to your website, and get content in front of readers.
Send your stories in PDF format to email@example.com